Thursday, January 17, 2008

Did I Complain Yesterday?

Today is even colder. With wind chill, it's between -7 and -17 degrees. Needless to say, I didn't work pruning Apple trees today. Instead, I took a dear friend to the airport. She's traveling back home to be with her Grandmother who's passing appears imminent (my sympathies, but this is the end of a long illness). Now I have her car for the next 10 days to 2 weeks. Regular readers know that I choose to live car-free (and driving today reminded me how aggravating driving can be), so I don't plan to use the car. But that wind sure makes it tempting.

4 comments:

Jess Wundrun said...

Brrrrrrr!

Hey, when are you supposed to prune apples? If I google it in the spring the answer always seems to be fall and if I look it up in the fall they answer spring.

You know how it's bad form to write your word verification? Mine is 'itcrapz'. Kid you not.

Stay warm, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I'd be tempted, too. That cold is downright uncivil.

Demeur said...

I've experienced -20 with a wind chill of -40 once in my life and I never want to experience that ever again.

My sympathies to your friend. It's not easy saying good bye to grand ma.

Distributorcap said...

driving is aggravating -- that is why i dont have a car either!