Monday, April 28, 2008

It Figures


Life is full of minor aggravations and frustrations. By a certain age, we learn to cope with this.
This time it's shrub's tax rebates.
While I think that the rebate plan is really bad fiscal policy, my personal finances can use the help. I've been scraping by over the past few months, but barely, so the extra cash would be welcome. And while I had some guilty feelings about it when shrub announced that the money would be going out early, I was looking forward to the cash.
There's only one minor catch. The rebates are being processed and distributed in the order of the last two digits of your social security number. The last two digits of mine are in the high 90's, so I'm at the end of the list. If the distribution were in alphabetical order, I'd be at the front. It's not a huge deal, as I'm sure that I'll need the money later as much as I do now, but it's an aggravation when you get your hopes up only to have them frustrated.
Not that it's the worst aggravation that I've suffered at the hands of shrub.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Us, too! The last two numbers start with nine so we wait. Until when?

And I'm horrified at just how much we could use that money right now. Not to buy new things, but to pay for things we've already purchased. That's embarrassing to admit, too.

Demeur said...

I guess this will come in handy later this year when the real food shortages start. Hey didn't you guys realize that this country can not spend tons of money on a war not cut spending to pay for it and expect the nations' finances to come out smelling like a rose? This is beyond Voo Doo economics.