Friday, December 18, 2009

Surgery Recovery

Sorry about the lack of posts this week. I had a surgery, and the recovery has been slower than I had hoped (although exactly on the pace the Dr. expected). I guess that I'm lucky; I'm poor enough that I qualify for state insurance. Watching the whole health care reform debacle is incredibly depressing, as the senate argues petty peripheral points while avoiding addressing peoples actual medical needs. It's just sickening.
But I do get one small side benefit. Having surgery gave me a convenient excuse to avoid spending Christmas with either of my sisters, which would have been more painful.

2 comments:

One Fly said...

If that makes you happy then I'm happy.

Any story I hear about health and insurance is bad/a nightmare most of the time and about to probably not be much better if 2000 pages of cave in legislation is passed.

Get better soon!!

pygalgia said...

Thanks for the good wishes. I'll be fine.