Friday, July 27, 2007

Drunken Astronauts

With all the other (more important) news today, I'm perfectly happy to waste time on this:

A panel reviewing astronaut health issues in the wake of the Lisa Nowak arrest has found that on at least two occasions astronauts were allowed to fly after flight surgeons and other astronauts warned they were so intoxicated that they posed a flight-safety risk.

The panel, also reported "heavy use of alcohol" by astronauts before launch, within the standard 12-hour "bottle to throttle" rule applied to NASA flight crew members.


http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/drunk072607.xml&headline=Panel%20Finds%20Astronauts%20Flew%20While%20Intoxicated&channel=space

I'm with Fixer on this:http://alterx.blogspot.com/


Listen to me. You want me to strap my ass to a roman candle and ride it into space, you damn straight I'm gonna have a belt or two before I go.

At the very least, I'd be puffin' up a fattie. Ain't like it's a commercial flight.

No comments: