Saturday, June 9, 2007

Logic

An Irishman walks into a Dublin bar, orders three pints of Guinness, and drinks them down, taking a sip from one, then a sip from the next, until they're gone. He then orders three more.

The bartender says, "You know, they'd be less likely to go flat if you bought them one a a time."

The man says, "Yeah, I know, but I have two brothers, one in the States, one in Austrailia. When we all went our separate ways, we promised each other that we'd all drink this way in memory of the days when we drank together. Each of these is for one of my brothers and the third is for me."

The bartender is touched, and says, "What a great custom!"

The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar and always orders the same way.

One day he comes in and orders two pints. The other regulars notice, and a silence falls over the bar. When he come to the bar for his second round, the bartender says, "Please accept my condolences, pal"

The Irishman says, " Oh, no, everyone's fine. I just joined the Mormon Church, and I had to quit drinking."
(from: Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar: Understanding Philosophy Through Jokes)

No comments: