Monday, June 11, 2007

Shrub speaks

OK, I know that G.W.Shrub says stupid things almost every day, but this looks really really stupid:

While in Italy on Saturday, Bush was asked whether there needs to be a deadline for action by the United Nations in establishing independence for Kosovo.

"In terms of the deadline, there needs to be one," Bush said emphatically. "This needs to come _ this needs to happen. Now it's time."

That must not have been a memorable statement for the president.

By the time he got to Albania the next morning, he was befuddled when a reporter asked for more detail on the deadline.

"First of all, I don't think I called for a deadline," he said Sunday in his latest European stop. That drew a curious reaction, and Bush picked up on it.

"What exactly did I say? I said, 'Deadline?'" Bush asked.

Someone signaled that he did, in fact, say the word.

"OK, yes, then I meant what I said," Bush said to laughter.

He went on to explain that Kosovo should not continue adrift through endless
debate.

"That's what I meant," Bush declared. [WaPo]



How did this clown end up in power? (that's meant rhetorically- I know all the corrupt history)

No comments: