Friday, February 26, 2010

Curling Medal Rounds





Today we get the women's medal rounds, with Switzerland facing China for the bronze this morning. Sweden will battle Canada for the gold this afternoon (guess who the bird will be cheering for).


And the men's medal round tomorrow pairs Sweden and Switzerland for the bronze, while Canada and Norway will compete for the gold.


Were I a betting man (oh wait, I am) I'd be betting on a Canadian sweep. And after that, I'll have to wait four long years for the next episode of the excitement that is curling on my TV.


Added: Sweaterman just sent me another "Savage Chickens" curling cartoon. We could get away with doing this at the pub:


Update: China takes bronze, 12-6, with 4 in the eighth end. The Swiss concede.

2 comments:

Fearguth said...

I bet you like to watch cheecoting, too.

SweaterMan said...

Wow a 4-point slip! Damn pesky work keeps me from seeing all the good stuff.....