Saturday, February 20, 2010

Odds or Ends



Various thoughts today that I'm not quite thinking enough about for a separate post, but they're crossing my little mind...

= the Dutch government has collapsed, because the two parties couldn't come to an agreement. Here in America, we call that "status quo".

= a famous golfer admits to multiple sexual affairs, and it's the most important news in the world. I really wouldn't care, but I have to admit that I'm jealous.

= Alexander Haig has died. He was the slimy weasel who orchestrated the pardon of Richard Nixon, and Reagan's SOS, but he actually looks rather sane compared to today's conservatives.

= the US men's and women's curling teams finally won one each yesterday. The men should really thank Vernon Davis. More curling today, so I am happy.

Any odd things on your mind today?

2 comments:

Fearguth said...

Yes, alas, Alexander the Vague is no longer with us.

urland said...

Alexander Haig was also on the board of directors of Commodore during the era that oversaw the destruction of the Amiga computer. Loud raspberry.