Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'll Drive

The Kestrel electric car will have room for a driver and three passengers and have a top speed of 90 kilometres an hour. (Motive Industries Inc.)

Blog friend Gordon at the alternate brain pointed this one out: Cannabis electric car being made in Alberta:

An electric car made of hemp is being developed by a group of Canadian companies in collaboration with an Alberta Crown corporation.

The Kestrel will be prototyped and tested later in August by Calgary-based Motive Industries Inc., a vehicle development firm focused on advanced materials and technologies, the company announced.

The compact car, which will hold a driver and up to three passengers, will have a top speed of 90 kilometres per hour and a range of 40 to 160 kilometres before needing to be recharged, depending on the type of battery, the company said in an email to CBC News Monday.

Now, not to go all curmudgeon on you, but I think us old time veterans of the cannabis culture should get first dibs on these.
And I do agree with Gordon:
Sounds very innovative and cutting-edge, but the jokes are flooding through my brain so fast they can't stop long enough for me to grab one...
I'd love to have one. Dear George Soros; I here you pay for all the liberal blogs.

3 comments:

Demeur said...

Okay I'll break down and start the ball rolling.

So when the car gives up the ghost can you smoke it?

One Fly said...

307 with laptop batteries.

http://oakcreekforum.blogspot.com/2010/08/307-not-bad-at-all-with-laptop.html

And don't be bogarting that damn car Demeur-there should be plenty to go around for all of us.

Jerry Critter said...

Maybe you can't smoke the car, but I bet the exhaust smells real good.

Remember to inhale deeply!