Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Best Of 2010 List

As the year comes to an end, it's customary to list the best (and/or worst) of the year. For me, it's a very short list:
1: The San Francisco Giants WON THE WORLD SERIES!
Understand that I've been a Giants fan since I was a small child, and this had never happened before. I think I celebrated for at least two weeks, and I still get a slightly intoxicated smile every time I utter or hear the phrase "World Champion San Francisco Giants." I'll get to continue feeling that buzz until at least October, if not longer.

I fully realize that many more important things occurred this year, like health care, the repeal of DADT, the rescue of the Chilean miners, and others. But for the rest of my life 2010 will be remembered as the year the Giants won it all!
(I know I'm being rather shallow. Please feel free to leave your "best of 2010" in the comments.)

4 comments:

mahakal said...

The city went frankly insane for a few days when the Giants won.

Mauigirl said...

I know what you mean - I was brought up as a Red Sox fan and when they finally won the World Series again after 86 years, I was pretty excited too! Especially for my mom, who had remained a loyal Sox fan all her life and had never seen them win.

As a fan of the city of San Francisco, and of underdogs everywhere, I was really excited for the Giants too!

Fearguth said...

It's good to see a "Best Of" list with only one entry. I get so tired of "Top 10" lists!

Suzanne said...

sf giants!!! been a fan since the mid 60's when i saw my first pro baseball game -- at candlestick. am glad they finally won a world series and my only regret about moving out of ca is that i was not in the sf bay area when they finally did.