Sunday, February 11, 2007

Clarification

Just a quick addendum to my biomass ethanol post in response to a comment by Badtux. By the way, I'm honored to get a comment from Badtux whose blog I thoroughly enjoy and recommend.
I don't propose a waste based ethanol system as a solution to our energy needs, but merely a contribution. Badtux points out the greater efficiency of photocells, which is quite true. I believe that the solution to our energy problems will require using a wide variety of sources such as solar, wind, geothermal, and yes, even nuclear. I merely point to organic waste as a readily available source that is not being utilized.
I don't pretend that I'm smart enough to have the answers. Hell, I was a philosophy major. I simply throw out a few ideas that make sense to me.
Oh, and Badtux, yes I should remember to use the spellchecker. Bad habit on my part. Ooops, but it's fixed now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just discovered your blog
love it!
hope you start identifying the animals and the lakes and such

namaste!