Thursday, September 6, 2007

Morning News

Reading the morning news over coffee, I get this cheery little piece:

Generations have praised the wisdom of getting up early in the morning, but a Japanese study says early-risers are actually at a higher risk of developing heart problems.

The study, conducted by researchers from several universities and hospitals in the western Japanese city of Kyoto, revealed a link between wake-up times and a person's cardiovascular condition.

"Rising early to go to work or exercise might not be beneficial to health, but rather a risk for vascular diseases," said an abstract of the study.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070906/ts_afp/healthjapansleep&printer=1;_ylt=AsF92L8ZCbGXkD24__2H4nOGOrgF


I'm a morning person, waking around 6:00 am most days, and I have high blood pressure (currently well under control by medication). Some days, I shouldn't read the news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's 5:57 a.m. eastern. I'm going back to bed now.