Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day



Today is "Blog Action Day" for the environment, and I'm quite happy to join in. I guess we're supposed to post something on one "environmental issue" that we care about. In my case, there are so many that I have and will continue to write about. But here's one simple spot to start.
I do a lot of work on alternative fuels, but the fastest way to impact air pollution: drive less.
It really is that simple.
Personally, I choose to live car-free, because I can. But many people do need to drive to carry on their lives. The question becomes "do you NEED to drive to...?". Ask yourself before turning the key. Can you walk or bike instead? Use public transportation? Carpool?
If any of these alternatives are available, then please do not drive. The planet will thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work from home as often as I can. Thanks for the reminder that simple changes in our lifestyle can have an impact on the environment.

Bing said...

Walked to mass transit this morning, caught a ride home, which is technically carpooling. (The only reason I did not return the way I came was because it was raining.)

Mauigirl said...

Well put, this is one easy way many people can change their lifestyle.