Friday, March 2, 2007

Response to Zymurgian

I guess I must be getting old. I've been through at least a dozen predictions of doom, gloom, and rumors of booms. I was part of the generation that got drilled to hide under our desks in grade school in case of nuclear war. While a disaster scenario may happen, I've grown to fear the slow steady decline. The general malaise that allows our lives to slowly be whittled away into bland consumerism. Yes, the Roman Empire fell. But it happened over hundreds of years. The American Empire is falling, but the process may fill decades. So develop skills, but above all else: LIVE!

1 comment:

Demeur said...

Have to admit I am of the same era. Our school actually issued dog tags to all the students. As for the fall, looks like Bushco is trying to speed things up.