Monday, August 27, 2007

Resigned

Gonzales resigns. Somehow, I'm not celebrating yet. I fear that our shrub will come up with an appointee who's a better liar. Gonzo's credibility was shot. He even lied to the end.

As recently as Sunday afternoon, Mr. Gonzales was denying through his press spokesman, Brian Roehrkasse, that he intended to leave.

Mr. Roehrkasse said Sunday afternoon that he had telephoned Mr. Gonzales about the reports circulating in Washington that a resignation was imminent, “and he said it wasn’t true, so I don’t know what more I can say.”

Steven Lee Myers, New York Times


My next question is if this will cause the congressional investigations to lose steam. With all the damage AG did to our constitution, I want to see him prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But I doubt that congress has the guts.
Added: our shrub: "After months of unfair treatment". Gah!

1 comment:

the mostly reverend said...

i keep forgetting [or repressing] that this weasel gonzales was a texas supreme court justice.

i shudder to contemplate his opinions from those days.