Saturday, June 30, 2007

al-Sadr's website hacked

Today's oddity in asymmetrical warfare is the hacking of Moqtada al-Sadr's website.
Iraq: Al-Sadr Website Hacked; Hacker Says Shiite Sites To Face Same 'Fate'
Iraq-- OSC SummaryFriday, June 29, 2007

When checked on 29 June, Al-Sadr website, http://www.alsader.com/, which used to post statements and news of Muqtada al-Sader, was found to be hacked. The site now has a black background with the following written on the homepage:

"Peace be upon you

God damn Shiites wherever they may reside or goMay they and this site of theirs never rise for as long as I live, God willing

This will be the fate of all their sites, God willing."

The hacker, who calls himself "Billy", posts a hyperlinked e-mail address.

What's odd is that the hacker calls himself "Billy Gonse", but he's very fluent in arabic. Some of his posting includes the most creative uses of arabic expletives I've ever read, and a lot of Shia are going to be extremely offended.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a fluent speaker of arabic?

Anonymous said...

I guess, duh. But how interesting.

pygalgia said...

Define fluent. I can read Arabic pretty well. My freind (and Sweatermans) Faisel called my arabic "almost right" so I read better than I speak.

zymurgian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.